Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priya (housewife)     12 January 2014



I got many suggestions from this website.Now i have a doubt of my friend's case.Her husband filed a divorce petition against her.Basically  in my friend's case, she was a divorcee,after she got married with one guy he torchure her lot and ask jewels and money very oftenly. he didn't go any job,But  my friend is working in the private concern,so she spend the money for him and his family also,but her husband wants more money from her parents,and tell the reason of for the money and jewels only he accept to married to my friend, even though she was a divorcee,so my friend  was so upset,and continue her life,Both are live together only 5 months,one day he treated to my friend arrogantly and forced to send her parents home, No one come and convenienced her,after 1 year completed he filed a divorce notice,but my friend was not attend the two hearing,now he send the information of third hearing date and mention the letter I want divorce alimony from her,Due to my friend's situation was not able to attend the third hearing,even though she had a truth from her side,she was hesistate to go to court,because already one time she got the mutual divorce from her first husband ,because that guy has an affair with another only she got divorce from the first marriage,now for choosing the wrong person her second marriage also failure,now he wants to get money from her,send the notice like that in tamil "VIVAKARATHU PARIKARAM",so my friend was very scared about that,plz tell the remedy,she didn't  like to live that fellow,because he torchure like that,give your suggestions with out attend the case,Because my friend got stressed,No one didn't face this typical situation.For her situation only he ask money from her.


 5 Replies

law.varathan (advocate)     12 January 2014

they are hindu or not?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     12 January 2014

Priyaji, on earlier occasions I tried to answer your query but felt difficulty in understanding your English.  Now I suggest you that one Sh. Kalaiselvan, an advocate from Tamil Nadu, comes quite often on this website and he is expert and honest.  I advise you to send your query in "Tamil" to his P.M. or you can talk with him free of cost through skype from this website in Tamil and get very sincere  and useful advice.  Warm regards. 

law.varathan (advocate)     12 January 2014

In act who is earning he/she maintain another. in your friend case your friend only earn for her family so she to be give alimony to her husband unless she prove before court that he able to earning capacity or he earn for himself or he only reason for divorce.

Your friend better got divorce for him.

If your friend ready to divorce she do not sent any reply to her husbands' notice also court summon

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     12 January 2014

As rightly said by Adv.chandrasekhar, it is  difficult to understand your points, but still given and available grounds,1, YES ,your friend is bound to provide her husband alimony under sec 25 of HMA, when divorce proceeding is pending. 2, she can prove in the court of law that she is the sole earning person of the family and had to take care of her familym and he(husband) is able to work and he is not willing to do so. 3, If your friend is so frustrated of his(HUSBAND) torture and wants to get rid of him, she should attend the court proceedings and should try to defend her case, instead of keeping away from it.  which will worsen things and goes without contested.4,Take advice of a proper counsel and try to set things in right perspective.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     12 January 2014

I agree with experts view.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query