LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seeking Divorce (IT)     11 April 2013

Suggest me regarding divorce

Now i am living in chennai.I was married on Nov 30, 2011 in madurai. marriage was registered in madurai. we have 5 months old baby.

My wife is humiliating me in the presence of my parents.she is refusing to do household work and
she and her parents are ordering me to appoint a housemaid. Always make problem with me regarding my parents and not willing to come to home town and also told that she will not come to my sister marriage which is on next month.

She is giving me a mental torture.

I asked her parents to take her with them and they took her on March 24 2013.After that they threatening me through phone that they will file harresment case. My wife told that she will come back to me only if i agree with her following conditions.

*) She will only come after two months from now.
*) Housemaid should be appointed.
*) She never come to my hometown and meet my parents.
*) But I have to obey her parents.

I told them that i am not interested to live with her and told them to take the house hold items,jewels and her certificates given at the time of marriage.

This sunday they will come and collect everything.

Should i appoint a lawyer at the time of giving these items to them. Suggest me.

I am also willing to get divorce.

Senthil Kumar
77082 55583

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Make a list of the items in your custody. 

Take them to woman cell and get them identified.

Everything should be on record.

She should sign the document and then take her items back.

Tomrw, if your lovely says that some items are missing and files a case against you, you will be in soup.

All thease will help in divorce process.

Contact a lawyer ASAP.

Thank you for your reply.

Today morning spoke with her dad to write down the things they are taking. But he told that he want jewel and certificates alone now and he told that after some time if she changes her mind she will come back. As of now she has no time line to come back.

She is not willing to come back now and she also don't write down to split up , but they want jewels and certificates.

I informed them if she is willing to come now, send her . Otherwise, write down and sign a document for split up and take her ALL things.

And I asked them to go legal. And I am also planned to go legal.

(Guest)

file for divorce immediately. I would suggest dont give her jewellery and other items now. Dont even talk about them. They are keeping pressure as your sister's marriage is approaching.

Engage a criminal lawyer and file the divorce case "immediately". Any of her items would go only after getting divorce case number and as part of the mediation process.

Also file a NCR in the near by policestation and report about threatenning after filing divorce.

You buy time as you dont have much time and you should act real quick.

(Guest)

Bro Senthil,

Dont be aggressive on them and dont let them know about your plans. engage them for some more time and file the divorce first.

btw dont forget to record their calls.

Thank you for your reply.

Let me apply for divorce.

Farhat jahan (legal assistant)     11 April 2013

I totally agree with stalker and helping hend. Appoint your lawyer and if you want sepration file a divorce case. Share whole thing with your lawyer and in his guidence take further step.

Gopal Arora (Engineer)     11 April 2013

@Senthil

You are wrong in not hiring a housemad. Don't force your wife to do all the house work. You can give money to her to hire housemaid and get the work done.

There is ego clash between you and your in-laws. It is better to avoid it for the sake of 5 month old baby. If possible, involve elders from both side to resolve this ego clash.

As Helping Hand suggested, make a list of articles and get it signed. Don't allow them to take only gold and certificates. If she wants to take any item, then she must take all items and sign it. She will prefer to take gold and certificates only. She will not prefer to take any furniture or heavy items now as she will have to find out space for keeping those items.  But if you allow her to take gold then rest of the material will remain in your custody and then she will be able file case u/s 406 IPC against you. It is better you convince her to take all material now.

As per law, you can not refuse to give any of her item. Be careful, if you are saying no to her on phone or in public.

@gopal arora. Thank you.

I am not saying that i will not give any of her items. Only thing I am saying is take all items and sign for them. Thats all.

Today also my dad spoke with her dad to convince them. Her dad told that she will decide only after we give her jewels and certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register