Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     09 January 2009

Suggest me.

Dear all friends! Plz suggest me where is violation of Insurance Policy under MACT Act.

Learning

6 Replies

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     09 January 2009

Violation of policy conditions you will find in The policy schedule.Some are implied and some are express. They are mostly

1. if vehicle is used for racing purpose

2 if it is driven by a person who does not have a valid driving licence.

Apart from the above, illegal acts cannot be a matter of insurance , hence if it is shown that the vehicle was used for illegal purposes by the owner , when the accident took place,

Policy conditions will be violated.

Pl check with seniors.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     10 January 2009

& what about the permit in different state? 

Sanjeev Tewatia (Advocate)     12 January 2009

Dear Rakhi,

if any vehicle is plying in other state in which it is registered and didnot having any permit for the said state then the insurance company is not liable and it is violition of the insurance policy becase any vheicle who did not have a permit to ply any state not do the same.

and if the vehicle is plying in that state where it is registered then the permit is not required

Sanjeev Tewatia Advocate

Faridabad 9891124177

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     12 January 2009

Dear Sanjeev Ji,

Plz. tell me if the vehicle was passing through one state & was going for repairing. Actaully the vehicle is registered from Haryana & was going to Gurgaon & in between it was to pass through Delhi, there it met with an accident. Now the insurance com. has raised an objection that the vehicle is having no permit of Delhi, then the Ins. Com. is not liable to compensate. Tha vehicle's permit is from haryana. Is there any judgement in my favour? If yes, plz. tell me, Its urgent. M from the side of owner of the vehicle.

Dear Madam

Please tell me what is the registration no. of the said truck or where from it was registered.

2. where the accident was occured?

Most trucks are having Delhi permit becasue when a truck which is regisrterd in sonipat/panipat/karnal/ambala and it is going to faridabad or gurgaon then the said truck most probeley pass by the delhi.

so please contact the driver/owner they were properly check the permit.

and what is the next date in this case if you give me some time i will try for the same

Sanjeev Tewatia

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register