Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mansi daga   23 September 2021

Suggest books

Please suggest me good books for the following subjects
1. Environmental law
2. Taxation law ( including GST ) -
Tax law is completely new to me so please suggest a book which will help me in conceptutal understanding also.

Learning

2 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   24 September 2021

As per your query, I've laid down two different lists of books for both the subjects (Taxation & Environmental Law), through which you can see which one you find more suitable by going though a review of them. Moreover, I've also suggested few books after each list which will surely be of great help to you if you wanna understand the legal concepts of the topics thoroughly.

Down below is a list of books that you can go with in order to deal with Environment Law:-
(a) P. Leelakrishnan, Environmental Law in India, Lexis Nexis,
(b) Shyam Diwan& Armin Rosencranz, Environmental Law and Policy in India, Oxford University Press,
(c) S. C. Shastri, Environmental Law, Eastern Book Company,
(d) Gurdip Singh, Environmental Law in India, MacMillan Publisher,
(e) Benny Joseph, Environment Studies, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, and
(f) Environmental & Pollution Laws In India (Set of 2 Volumes) by Justice T S Doabia, Lexis Nexis.

However if you're a law pursuing student I would suggest that you opt for any of these two books - "Krishan Keshav, Law and Environment, Singhal Law Publications" and "P. Leelakrishnan's Environmental Laws in India".
These two books will hep you to understand all about Environment law in a simple and detailed manner, in a format that you would not find difficult to understand.

Down below is a list of books that you can go with in order to deal with Taxation Law:-
(a) Taxmann’s Direct Taxes Law & Practice,
(b) Direct Taxes Ready Reckoner,
(c) Income Tax Law & Accounts by Dr. R. K. Jain (25th Edition A.Y. 2020-21),
(d) Taxmann’s GST Ready Reckoner, and
(e) Tax, Constitution and the Supreme Court: Analysing the Evolution of Taxation Law in India - by Karthik Sundaram.

However, for tax law I would suggest that you go with this book - "Kanga and Palkhivala's The Law and Practice of Income Tax". The best thing about this book is that it comes with a CD which contains all details about the tax rules and income tax act from 1922-1961, which will surely be of great help to you for better understanding about taxation concepts of law.

Hope It Helps!

Regards,
Kevin M. Paul

mansi daga   27 September 2021

Thank you so much Kevin Sir. It's quite helpful.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register