Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shobhit (NA)     22 April 2011

succession certificate with 4 heirs

My father and mother died in 2005 without any will, & we are 2 brothers and a sister all unmarried, we live in Trust House in kanpur (Uttar Pradesh) & we have some company shares in there names. what will be the procedure to get those shares in our names.

As companies needs succession certificate, and i think succession certificate is given only to a single heir.

My brother N sister doesn’t allowing me to get succession certificate in my name, is it possible to divide equal shares among three of us and what document required for the same

Tell me about the court fees shall it be given on the basis of face value of shares at the time of purchase or present value of shares.


 6 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     22 April 2011

Legal heir certificate could be obtained from the tahsildar and all the three could equally share the investments.

sudhir parshe (sudhirparshe and associete )     23 April 2011

Sir, you have to file Micellenious application before Court for the succession certificate, wherein you have made party to all your brother or Sister  or all of you can jointly file the same to Court, for grant Sucession certificate. You can  take the Certificate on your name only if the other heairs do not have objection for the same. all the heirs have the equal share in the all movable and immovale property.

you have pay the court fees after Order of Succession is passed, same wiil be leviable on the total Value of the property. or all of you haver pay ther court fees as per their share. same is around 2%.


Sudhir Parshe, Advocate


raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     01 September 2011

yes first of all

u get the legal hire certificate from the tahsildaar.

Mihir..... (Wealth Manager)     14 September 2011

Legal heir certificate will determine who all are the actual legal heirs of the deceased. You will have to sit with your brothers and sister, and decide upon the sharing of the expenses toward the court fees, incase they would like to have their share in the said property.

Naresh S. Patil (Advocate)     04 December 2011

Please note that Legal heir Certificate is issued by Tehsildar only to Govt Employees.

KVSivaraman (B.Sc.)     08 December 2011

Dear All,

My father died leaving a house as property. We are three brothers living in different parts of the country.

What should we do next to bring the property in our name if we are to sell the property.

and how to go about making the property in our name.

Please help.

with regards,


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads