Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abdul (AM)     28 November 2011

Succession certificate

HI,

I live with my mother in Hyderabad, I have three brothers and 1 sister all married. My father who was an private employee passed away 2 years back, without leaving any will.

Now we are willing to sell our father's property (it’s not an ancestral property). My question is, whether a succession certificate/legal heir certificate is mandatory to sell the property, if yes then what's the procedure and fee involved in getting it.

Regards

ABK

Learning

3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     28 November 2011

if without will you could not sell the property,so all of you get the legal heirs certificate get from tahsildar or from the court,

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     28 November 2011

Legal heirship certificate must be obtained from the Taluk/Firka/Jilla Office for disposing the property.  In some cases, succession certificate from the Court is insisted.  Both the procedures are same.  Normally, in case of transfer of share certificate, deposits in banks, succession is insisted.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     28 November 2011

Dear Abdul,

Being class I legal heirs of your deceased father, your mother, your brothers, sisters and u have become entitled to equal share in his property.  

Neither succession certificate nor legal heir certificate is necessary to sell such a property.

Moreover, question of  Succession certificate does not arise in case of immovable property at all.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More