IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta (Project Mgr)     25 July 2011

Succession Certificate


My husband who was 34 yrs. bought a flat in Hyderabad in 2007 and he passed away in 2009. Me any my 7 yrs daughter are the only survivors. After going throgh all the processes I came to know that for mutation purpose and selling the house I require Succession certifiacte from Court (as no nomination was done for the house and he was working in Pvt. firm). It had been more than two years now that I filed my petion in the Court.Case details are as follows:A.S.No-319 of 2010, Chief Judge City, Civil Court (Near Salarjung Museum).

Advocate turned  out to be a cheater and now he is not contactable. He took lot of money from me filing the petion and dragging the case too long.

I am young woman living with my small daughter in Delhi now in Rented flat for survival. Please help me guiding as how to get the succession from Court now so that I can sell that flat. Can I directly contact/ write a letter to Judge stating my problem. My case is undisputed as there are no other benefieciers other than me & my child. Your guidance in this regard will be highly appreciated.


 2 Replies

Daksh (Student)     25 July 2011

Respected Shwetaji,

There is a scheduled attached with the Indian Succession Act which enlists the Class 1 and Class II heirs. Also there is a format for making a Representation to the Court under Succession Act detailing the properties owned by the deceased person.  You may procure the bare copy of the same and could make yourself aware about the proceedings simultaneously by getting the records of the case inspected or applying for the certified copies of the same.

If in case the Advocate is not cooperating and is engaging in delaying tactics you may file a complaint to this effect in local bar and in bar council office as well.

Last but not least there is no bar in changing your Advocate or if you are short of resources you may take help of Legal Aid as well.

Best Regards


V.G.Rao Advocate (Advocate)     27 July 2011

Hi Shwethaji,

I am an advocate from Hyderabad, I wish to help you in regard to your subject matter, according to me all the aforesaid exercise to solve ur problem is not required, If you wish, you can contact us personally at our office situated at Kachiguda, Hyderabad. our contact No. 9989182029, 9948490863.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query