LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     22 November 2010


Dear Experts,

i hav to file suit for succession, kindly clarify the procedure and under which act/law should i file it?






 2 Replies

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     22 November 2010

Dear Mr. Suneel

You can file the suit under the provisions of "Hindu Succession Act" before the court of law having jurisdiction to try the suit as per the circumstances of your case and property situated.

Kindly go through the Hindu succession Act 1956 and Ammd: 2005 

Attached File : 58 58 hindu succession act 1956 ammd 2005.zip downloaded: 159 times

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     23 November 2010

Dear  Mr  Moudgil

Application for succession certificate is filed  u/s 372 of Indian Succession act 1925 before the District Judge by a petitioner signed and verified by or on behalf of the applicant in the manner prescribed by the C.P.C.   You have to  give details of the following 

1. Date and time of the death of the deceased

2. Address of the deceased 

3. The particulars of the family or other near relatives of the deceased

4.The right in which the petitioner claims

5.The debts and the securities in respect of which the certificate is applied for

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register