Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   25 July 2022

submission of rent agreement

Dear learned advocates,

I have rented out my flat and my housing society as per the existing bye laws is insisting to submit rent agreement copy to them annually. And I have been submitting to them so far. if not submitted the society as per the bye laws will charge Rs.500 pm as penalty.

in parallel,certain flat owners have built illegal structures on the common passage areas and the MC of the society is not taking any action against them despite there is a provision in society's bye laws that 12 times the amount of maintenance charges would be applied to all the encroachers. But the MC of the society stated that they will not initiate any action against the encroachers.

Must I inform the society that since I will not submit the rent agreement copy to them unless and until,the MC of the society takes strict action against the illegal encroachers.

please advice quicjky can I do so from legal point of view,because society's bye laws must be abided by all residents. Since I am pursuing the encroachment issue alone,the society is harassing and targeting me to submit the renewed agreement copy.

Best regards

Learning

3 Replies

Sidhhi   25 July 2022

What problem you have in submitting rent agreement? Encroachment is a separate issue don't mix it with rent agreement and submit it. Lodge complaint with police for encroachment but before send written complaint to society and get an acknowledgement.

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   25 July 2022

Dear Sir 

Thanks for your valuable advice which I partially in agreement with you.

But as per my understanding all  the owners of the society must also abide by the existing society's bye laws and its the responsibility of the managing committee (MC) of the society to implement the society's bye law in toto without any bias or favouritism towards each others.

When the MC is giving free hands and ignoring to implement the existing society's bye laws for those who are illegally encroaching on the common passage areas of the flats then how can they force me to submit the rent agreement copy citing society's bye laws.

Kindly review my question as per the above facts of my case

Best regards 

HANUMAN LAW ASSOCIATES ANJINAC   25 July 2022

Hi, Mr Stayed Massif Ahmed.. why won't try to legal action against the soceity there is illegal encroachment is there you must inform that Society,if they not respond then can take action against them as well under criminal and civil consequences by through Advocates.hope further any steps it would be help from our legal consequences thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register