Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjunath   22 December 2021

Submission important documents to the police

In a Cheating case police registered FIR from X against Y after order of Magistrate requiring police to file chargesheet.

Police has asked X to submit Original Loan Agreement and to come with 2 witnesses to station so they can take photo of them while submitting it.

Is there any alternative?

Next date of court hearing is a few day.

Can X submit Original loan agreement to police in court infront of Magistrate?


 8 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     22 December 2021


As per me, for investigation you have to submit original documents to police. 

Manjunath   22 December 2021


Is there a easier way to submit?

Because responsibility is on the complainant to bring 2 witnesses to police station.

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 December 2021

The facts posted are less than convincing. How could there be a next date in the Court when the matter is still under Police invstigation?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 December 2021

Contact your advocate and file the original agreement with your IA before the court, and mark a copy to the Police Investigating officer.

Manjunath   22 December 2021

FIR was ordered by Magistrate.

Every month the magistrate asks for chargesheet.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 December 2021

Unbelievable and hypothetical facts posted for "Time Pass"

Manjunath   23 December 2021

Can X atleast move IA in court for submitting original to court so that onus falls on police to collect the same from court?

Aryan Raj   23 December 2021

In response to your query,

Police officers are required to question witnesses. And it is your responsibility to supply all essential papers to the police for investigation so that the offence for which the FIR was filed can be seen by the IO and a chargesheet against the accused may be filed. If you are concerned that the documents will be misplaced, you can give them certified copies. And I don't think there is any other alternative because the police have to submit their investigation report to the court as well.


Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query