Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samirbharani (associtae)     26 February 2012

Sublet case!!

i m the onwer of a property.. my tenant has parted posseion to anther firm without my permission.....the local police license deparment says that the licenses are in the name of original tenant .....but also says that the sublet firm was active in the place in year 2005 to 2007... but now the original tenant is doing the business...... can i solve this case via RTI??
how do i solve this case via RTI ...... can i ask the licenses department to take the landlord's permisssion before renwal of his liceses??? 


 2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     26 February 2012

Yes you can write to them. Subletting/Parting with possession/Assignment is always a ground for eviction though you've not mentioned the state - and I don't know exactly which Rent Control Legislation would be applicable. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     27 February 2012

For sub letting you have to prove that tenant has parted with possession to third pperson and the third person has in  exclusive possession over the property also tenant is receiving rent/consideration in lieu of that property from third person..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register