Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Sub Division without a hospital for a decade?


On 28th April 2009, the Supreme Court speaking through M.Katju,J. declared that right to water is a FR under Article 21 of the Constitution. In my case, I belong to an area some what like a sub division with clusters of villages with nearly 6000 populations. Our peiople have been living without Hospital or Dispensary for neraly 30 years. The Hospital which was built in the early parts of 1960s, was dismantled and shifted to a new location for building new Hospital, but on completion of the construction of the building it was found not fit for human habitation and the New Hospital never came into existence. People are suffering due to lack of medical facility and many have died even for a minor ailments and case of delivery too. This is inhuman, barbaric and can not be tolerated. I thought of taking the matter before  the Human rights Commission in New Delhi, but some how, with past experience with the commission I am not so keen in that steps. Should I file writ or RTI or first consult the State Health department.




File a PIL




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x