Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VictimOfBiasLaw (Professional)     29 December 2010

Stridhan and fake documents


My wife filed false DV case under sec-18,19,20,22.

we just married before 1 year.

in case there is nothing serious alligation , just she mentioned that myself and my parents harrase her.

and leave her alone.She no evidence for this as this is false.



1. In case she is claiming for "StreeDhan" and produce list of gold ornaments on plain paper.

No bills, no shop name nothing..

(All are false)


My Question -1 :

- Will court take note of this ??

- Do i need to pay amount for this even this list are false and without any bills ? 

- what if she can't provide any source or bill or shop details , will it favour me , will court punish for producing false list ?

2. Also she has produced my bank statement with

- fake stamp and signature of bank and false bank branch address  ( actually this branch doesn't issue this statement )

- One of the figure in statement is incorrect (other are correct )

- i have reply from bank in written that this statement is incorrect , materially altered and this branch didn't issue this statement also one of the figure is altered.


MY Question -2 :

i have filed case against her in same court  under sec 467,468,471   for fake bank statement

What is maximum punishment court can impose to  wife ( Do law favor to woman for this also ?)

MY Question -3 :

if it is proved that bank statement is fake and she filed case mere to get money from me , still i have to pay her alimoney/maintaience under sec CRPC-125 ? 


Please answer my qustion -1 , 2 ,3



 2 Replies

Gajender Singh (ca)     30 December 2010

Ans 1: yes court will consider it and will ask for bills and also for scource of income and proof of withdrawl of money to purchase. (if they have claimed hefty amount you can file Tax evasion Petition against your FIL or, MIL , BIL )

No you wont have to pay for false articlse.

yes it will favour you, and you need to followup so that they are punished for this.

Ans 2 : for 471 max punishment is 7 yrs and for 468 its 10 yrs.

Ans 3 : I have seen judgements where maintenance denied by courts, reason, wife didnt come with clean hands.

Ans 4 : This one is free with 3. Please get in touch with save indian family members, they will guide and help you better.

Sreenivas V (S/W)     31 October 2012

What if if wife says this gold is from ancestoral they got it and hence no bills. Then what will court do in this case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads