Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bhaskar1234 (ewrw)     19 September 2017

Stridhan

hello sir,

urgent needed help my wife left my home in 2007 after that she file 125 crpc  result dismiss   after that i file  divorce   result  getting divorce on ground deseration and crulitey after that she file  domestic voilence case section 12 (20,22) result  dismiss now   she file case for recovery of stridhan section 27 my question is after divorce almost 3 year  can his petition for stridhan is maintainable .   please give me advice as possible  what can i do now  any judgments or any orther case refer suit for my case please give me copy of judgments  thanks in advance  

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     19 September 2017

The case filed by your wife is time barred. In such recovery matters the limitation is three years only. Consult your lawyer.

Mukesh sharma (job )     19 September 2017

Hello , your wife file case for recovery stridhan now time limit passed , its better option  you talk with  your lawyer and ask him for submit application as there time limit was crossed so court will order to dismiss her application . 

bhaskar1234 (ewrw)     20 September 2017

Thaks for reply  sir,

as per given  answer  the case filed by your wife is time barred. In such recovery matters the limitation is three years only. 

sir i want to know  some more about  time limitation calcluate from my wife left my home in 2007 or after divorce please give me advice and if possible any judgments thanks in advance

Sachin (N.A)     21 September 2017

Limitation period for filing of complaint for an offence under section 406 of IPC is three years from the date of commission of the offence.

In simple language, your wife must have alleged that she demanded her stridhan back, on so and so date but you denied. So that date will become date of commission of offence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register