FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreenivas V (S/W)     12 March 2017


I got divorce in AUG  and NOV lower court ask me to pay 4 lakhs as Stridhan to the girl. The reason for this 4 laks is that intally when there is dispute in marriage we told them that we will give back 2 laks which ws given for marriage expenses. But at that time they did not take and instead put false claims for an amount of Rs 40 lakhs. 

So finally in lower court all were defeated and as we said in writing will give 2 lakhs court asked to pay 4 lakhs with 2 as interest.

So even though we decided to give back Rs 4 lakh took opinion of some lawyers. Based on their advise we filed a case that we will pay only 2 as initailly when we offered they did not take and instead put false cases like 498A which we won long back.

This case now in HC, so worst case scenerio if we defeat how much we have to pay. Will it be Rs 2 lakhs + interest Rs 2 Lakhs.

Even more it may be, could any one please give their opinion on this. Already arguments happened on this and court not giving any judgement on this since long time.


 2 Replies


Give or take 3 lacs final.  Nothing lesser than 3 lacs.  If you dont agree, court itself will prolong the matter for another two decades. laughlaugh

1 Like

A walk alone (-)     13 March 2017

Better pay her 4 lac and get rid of roaming court and wasting money on lawyer. Time wasted in roaming courts can never recover. Give her money and get rid of her for whole life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query