LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Twinkle Sharma (Private Job)     20 July 2017

Stressed due to ruling and non coperative behavious of laws

I was got married in April 2016. My husband is working in a private sector and not in condition to take care of me whenever I ask him for any expenses. I started working in a private sector after seing all these circumstances. Now I am under medical treatments for 1 year and I am also 5 months pregnant as well. I am staying alone just because of financial propblems and non - co-operation by my in laws family. They never asked me for any help if I ever asked them for help they generally say that go to your husband who married to you we cant. My father in law is in Govt job and husband is staying with his parents only. He / they never support me in this time when I needed them. I am not in condition to take care of me with job. My parents now taking care of everything of mine taking me to hospitals and all.

Just need your help how can I take the action against them.

Learning

3 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     20 July 2017

There are many NGOs meant for women so you may contact them and take up your issue with them. You may also make complaint with police in this regard, Your husband and in laws are bound to look after you and to maintain you. They cannot deny or refuse to lookafter you. Consult a lawyer too.

A walk alone (-)     20 July 2017

Why you got pregnant , although you know his financial condition? Anyway first you decide what you want? There are two options 1) if you want to continue your marriage go back. You can take help of your parents financially. Staying away from him will make your relationship weak. You can call your mother to stay with you few days whenever you need. After child you can continue your job. Stay away from lawyers. Once you enter in legal matter only divorce will happen. Before going in legal matter just think about your child future after your divorce. 2) if you want to take action against him go lawyer he will suggest you number of cases(125crpc,DV etc) to file against him. Remember filing any case is easy but difficult to prove allegations. It will ruin your and your child life in roaming court with zero result. It will end with divorce. If you want divorce then go MCD. Life is yours you can choose any option

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     21 July 2017

The very fact that you approached this forum with the query on the action to be taken by you, i am assuming that the marriage has come to an end in your eyes.  However considering the fact that you are pregnant, i would advise you to consider your decision again as while it may be difficult to manage with a non-existing and unsupporting husband, it is equally difficult, if not more, to manage a kid alone and that too whilst running around courts.   However, if you continue to abide by your decision then you can file either for maintenance under the Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act or directly for Divorce.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register