LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dec17 (student)     22 December 2010

streedhan and dowry

the gold everything which was given at the time of marraige for me said it was dowry because we dont have wide knowledge between dowry and stridhan ,but actually all the gold was with in laws custody only here it was said 400 gms of gold 30 lakhs cash as dowry we have all proofs regarding this only one thing is in photographs it was there the gold was gifted to me so here it is that the gifts which was given to girl is stridhan and not dowry 

i filed dvc came to know what is right so to get back my gold i said return of stridhan and dowry  i.e gold 400 gms and 30 lakhs cash so pls give me sugession at time of orgument how to over come this problem if opposite lawyer rises stridhan and dowry

Learning

4 Replies

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     22 December 2010

am sorry to know abt. u...u have my deepest sympathy..

streedhan is all gifts,including gold given to a girl after marriage.it's not dowry since it's the girl's property.dowry is gifts given to bride's hubby's parents and relatives.

but both gold and dowry can be asked to be returned.

for streedhan u can invoke section 406 and DV act,but for getting dowry back i am not v.sure which section is invoked.better to wait for a lawyer's reply.else post ur query in experts section,before u get welcomed with volley of personal attacks.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     22 December 2010

can you show source of income for 30 lakhs , is it white or black?

if it is black then before asking find its source.

1 Like

dec17 (student)     23 December 2010

yes avinish ji i can show the source of income for 30 lkhs and i have complete bills that from khajana show room exactly gifted to me with videos

paramjit singh (self)     23 December 2010

Dowry means valuable security and stridhan is legally owned property of any nature either immovable or movable and in relation to marriage is the property i.e. anything received being gift is dhan/property of respective receipient. according to u the money and gold trusted to bride and on demanding back she refused and thereby committed breach of trust as well others you suspect or associated. u may also file recovery suit. all the remedies are only subject to the proof of ur legally owned property and breach there of.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register