Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manpreet Ahuja (Graphic Designer)     10 October 2010

Store Room on Terrace

Dear Lawyers,

Good Morning, My name is Manpreet Ahuja and i live in Vikas Puri, New Delhi. I own a builder's made second floor with roof rights, i am facing a strange problem, i would like to build a small temporary store room on my roof , it will be cement CHADAR covered store room, my floor is registered on the name of my mother and property is free hold. Today i called MISTRY to start the work of making store room on my roof with my mother;s permission who is the sole owner of said property, my neighbor who lives on first floor raise an objection that i cant make anything without his knowledge and even permission, they even called police to stop me. after so much argument i finally told my MISTRY to stop the work and go, Now i wanted to know what all are my legal rights ??? the property size is 72 Mts and each floor is covered 100 percent , like Ground floor to second floor all covered and i have only second floor with roof rights.do i have to go MCD and take their permission first for a temp store room ??? Please advice me properly so that i can go ahead. Thanks in advance.

Learning

7 Replies

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     10 October 2010

where you live is it flat?

if your neighbor objection then its not your problem. police stop your work on which baces?

1st u ask police on which baces he stop your work? that police bound to give ecplanation by writen.

that is you home you can do any thing in ur home. there have no importance to interfear police.

CHANDRASHEKHAR (ENGINEER)     11 October 2010

dear  member

If the pl;ace  would have been in mumbai  it would have been necessary to obtain permission from

muncipal corp of mumbai.The same logic applies in delhi too. Even if you have balance FSI. you should oobtain

approval  from MCD.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     11 October 2010

First u see the plan pass copy and as per plan u built a in your floor. Otherwise u pass a revized plan in Corporation or any government authority. 

Manpreet Ahuja (Graphic Designer)     11 October 2010

Dear  Chandra Shekhar -  I have roof rights and it is just a Temp room not a PAKKA  one what i want to build on my terrace, for that also i must visit MCD???

Dear Bharat Kumar - As per the new laws now MCD is not approving single floor, they are just approving new Plot plan, where as i bought my floor from a builder and it is on second floor, along with roof rights. What is the meaning of roof rights than??? 

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     18 October 2010

roof rights means u not construction on this place AND when u purchase this property why u not ask builder thst u built a store room in second floor and thereafter u registered a sale deed / allottment letter. In any document write that u build a small temporary store room on your roof. Any other member build in your scheme. Now u contect the builder and says that he build a small store room and give a store room right to use letter on builder letter head.    

Alok Kumar (Executive )     16 February 2013

Dear Ahuja,

You entertain police complaint and file a police complaint against your that foolish neighbour.  that he is stop you to construct store room on roof.  as in the papers no where is write that you cannot not build any thing on roof.  If roof right is with you, it is illegal to stop you.  so complaint police that he is illegally stop you to use your right.

on that basis file a court case against him also, for stoping you illegally and also ask for penalty to pay for lacks rupees that you suffered a loss by his illegal interfaracne.

Rakesh Nischal (Manager)     13 January 2014

Hi All,

I have flat in Sahibabad in 2nd floor (Its a builder's appartment) with Terrace, roof rights with us. I want to constract a Store room in terrace. Is it legal to built Store room in terrace.?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register