LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SALIM BILAWALA   17 March 2022

Stoppage of water by society

Dear Sir,

I am living in a flat in a registered society paying monthly bills promptly. I was abroad for many years and returned to my flat in March 2017. We have two water lines to all the flats in the building. viz. One for domestic use(bathroom, kitchen etc.) and other for toilet exclusively. as two reservoirs were built on the terrace of the building .for these use. Due to this many times there would be no water in the toilet.

Therefore, I had made extension from bathroom line to toilet to avoid hardship and water used to come in the toilet from both the lines. There was some problem with the new line and it was opened. Before fixing when I checked the old line, there was no water coming. I made a complaint to the society. However, society has not done anything or replied.

Due to a common line from bathroom, very little water comes in toilet when other extensions are opened. I checked up the society's pipelines. It seems that my connection has been removed by society without any notice or reason.

Can this be considered as Criminal Offense ? Do I have to report to BMC ?

Kindly explain so as to take necessary official steps 


 3 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 March 2022

State in which State is your Society and under which Act of the State the Society is registered. Your statements regarding water connections are confusing. Which connection had the Society removed? Is that the new connection which you had made from bathroom to toilet?  You cannot give such connection on your own. The society are within their rights if they have removed it. It appears that you are not getting water when others are opening their taps. If so it is a hydraulic problem and it can be solved with changes in the plumbing system.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     17 March 2022

Address a detailed complaint to the managing committee of your society setting out the details of water problem and endorse a copy to the local municipal authorities. Curtailment of Water and Electric supplies is a criminal offence. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 March 2022

The complaint is against water supply within Society complex, where all residents are affected or its your sole case ? 

Did you approach Managing Committee of the Society ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query