LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nazn (None)     26 February 2013

Stop sale of agrcultural land

I live in the UK. I purchased a plot of land in the state of Gujarat some years ago and never got round to transfer land in my name. The land owner who I purchased the land from passed away many years ago. I have documentation of the sale of the land from the land owner that was signed when the land was purchased.

The family of the land owner are divided as to the sale of the land to me. Some members of the family agree with me as they know that this sale took place, others are against by saying I never bought it.

Now the family have decided to sell the land. A notice in the paper has been printed with the proposed sale of the land.

I would like to put an injunction or stop order to stop the sale until I can get to India and get a solicitor to help me file the appropriate paperwork. The members of the family that agree with me have said they will sign any injunction or stop order to stop the sale going through.

Can someone please help me and send me an Injunction or stop order template or doucment that I can to send the to the land registry office?

Many thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     26 February 2013

you have to engage an advocate for this purpose. Appoint advocate or give poa to known/relative to file case.

Deepu Jose (Cordinator)     26 February 2013

Friend i can see India Shining in your life after years of working hard in some foriegn land away from relatives n friends, you cared to bring back some money into this country n buy of all things "LAND" - Welcome to the club of litigants - Now you will soon stand in a line which is 3,25cr long n hopefully ur grand child may benefit from ur efforts if you all survive our courts n lawyers.

The only way most prohably will be engaging a lawyer through 'litigants associations" where similar people like you manage affairs. You can be in touch with us by joining us at litigants.blogspot.com

nazn (None)     26 February 2013

Hi there, and thanks for the response.

Can I get POA even if all members of the land owners family may not sign the document?

I have therefore to get a stay order or injuction to stop of the land going through. I understand that to put a stop order not all members of the land owner have to sign the stop order.

All I need at this time is a template that describes the main parts of a stop order. When I am in India I will consult with an Advocate or Solicitor to progress the matter further. If anyone is able to email me a template it would be much appreciated.

Dear Deepu Jose. - Thanks for your comments. Although I live in the UK I have very strong connections with India as I still have family home and a lot of family. I am now retired and spend more time in India than in the UK! I have no plans to make a a lot of money from land or otherwise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register