Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mayuresh Gujar (Jr)     06 December 2010

stop payment under N I Act

sir

if a person who issued cheque , give notice for "stop payment" to that person in which favour he issued post dated cheque.

and after receving that notice, that person, in who's favour cheque was issued, he misused that cheque and file 138 complaint

what is the chances for acquittal in favour of accused?

pls tell me very soon 

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

Stop payment is also amount to dishonour.  But the reason for stop payment will decide the matter on merits.  The main issue only on legally recoverable sum of money between the accused and the complainant is the criteria.  That can only be decided at the time of trail on merits.

ashish lal (Advocacy)     07 December 2010

Try to prove that the amount was disputed.......therefore amount could not be determined at the time of presentation of cheque

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     07 December 2010

It is answered inhe expert's       column                                                       

Advocate. Arunagiri (Advocate High Court Madras.)     07 December 2010

Stop payment will not be an excuse for you. You have to face the case if the cheque is bounced for insufficient funds.

If the stop payment is an excuse, every body will send notice for stop payment and wll escape from the law.

If you have sufficient funds inthe account and had issued the stop payment instruction to the banker, if the cheque returns for stop payment.

If you dont have sufficient funds in the account you can not issued stop payment instruction to the banker.

GOPI THAKKER (PROPRIETOR)     29 January 2011

SIR ONE OF MY CLIENT HAS GIVE ME A CHEQUE AND HAS MADE STOP PAYMENT. KINDLY INFORM ME WHAT STEP SHOULD I TAKE AGAINST HIM.

GOPI

k.kumar raja (advocate)     29 January 2011

advocate.arunagiri is correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register