LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maharajan.S (Engineering professional)     12 November 2013

Stolen property recover

Dear Experts, Would you please light a bit to recover my stolen property from Police and Thief.

5 lacs value of 123 g Gold, 22 k cash, 4 passport ( mine, spouse, 2 kids) Handi cam & diamond ring and Diamond chain were stolen by a thief at Pune.

Per police investigation they caught the thief in 10 days and kept me postponed for 2 months almost  on getting back my stolen property by PSI. When I approached PI, i have been instructed to arrange a advocate to get my 40 g of gold  which recovered by police through court. that also they adv iced that they will arrange a advocate. but i arranged through my local colleague.

The thing is except the 40 g gold nothing has been recovered per police investigation  information but from the beginning PSI says Handicam & diamond were there on recovery.

My Advocate says its double theft. 1 is by thief and other one by Police. We are waiting for court order to get the 40 g gold as of now.

I usually collects information from lawyersclub first. then only i proceed further.

Can you please guide me what i have to do on this case to get back my lost property.

I feel as I am from other state Police is not responding properly. And also I am not fluent in Hindi & Marathi.

So can you please guide my what I have to do?

Shall i go for RTI act to get full FIR & investigation report to file case for loss of my property as negligence of police on recovery.? What i think i said her, 

Please advice me to go further. Really appreciate every one' advice here.

Thanks,

Maharajan.

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     12 November 2013

1. Police will not give you directly your recovered stolen property , in this regard police has to inform the court they had recovered the stolen property against fir no. ..with full details by making the list of items . 2. You have to move an application called supurdigi nama before the concern court , and then the court after taking cognizence order the police to hand over the items as per stated in your fir and in your supurdigi nama . 3. engage a local lawyer to handle your case .

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     12 November 2013

Mr.Laxmi Kanth Joshi advised properly  Go a head accordingly. 

Maharajan.S (Engineering professional)     12 November 2013

Dear Sir, Thanks a lot for your mail.

As per Panachanam we have filed and waiting for court direction order to get the 40g gold what police has recovered from thief.

Local PSI says that all the propert y have been recovered and he saw those things. but there is no pancha nama and information from Investigating officer. 

1.So can you please advice the way to know what and all have been recovered by police and handed over  by thief. 

2. Any possible to get compensation from thief for my passport, cash and electronic goods which might be sold to some body or kept some where  to sell.

is there any possibility to inquire  the thief in court through my advocate to get the information of what and all have been handed over to police by him and what and all sold to whom and all.

I feel that i  to collect the information from  the thief through the court and file the case to get all those items from the merchant who bought the stolen properties from thief and the items recovered by the police as well.

I don't know either its possible or not.

Please light a bit. Thanks,

Maharajan.S 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register