Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harshita Verma   21 July 2021

Stipend delayed even after official mail

Greetings of the day,

I am a student of 3rd year in May (25 May) I joined an organisation for HR Internship for 4 months after few days I noticed that the working of that organisation is not professional and their treatment towards employees is not right. Considering all circumstances I asked the responsible person whether I can leave the organisation after completing my one month and the person responsible granted me permission for the same. There was no clause related to F&F in company policy . I was expecting my Stipend to be delivered by 7th July 2021 but didn't receive it. After regular follow-ups and calls, the responsible person didn't respond in the desired manner. After few days I received a mail from HR stating that I will receive my salary on 15th July but even on 15th I was not provided with the stipend. After a whole day of calling and messages at night around 11.30, I got to know it has been delayed due to the unavailability of funds, I asked for an official mail stating the last date when will I receive my stipend. After 1 day  I received a mail stating that I will be receiving my stipend on the 20th to make sure that I will receive it on the 20th in the morning of the 20th I connected with the responsibile person he told me that I will receive my stipend by 4.30 and even after that I didn't and from then till now I am trying to reach out to them but they are not responding to any calls, messages or emails. I do have my offer letter stating my stipend and I even have a certificate for one month. I request you to guide me on what can be done in such a case.

Learning

3 Replies

suuny tyagi   21 July 2021

firstly send legal demand notice. if they not respond then your have to move labour court

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 July 2021

Under which govt. authority your organisation comes ? You can submit your complaint to that authority. 

Kevin Moses Paul   21 July 2021

As per your query, let me tell you that the basics of any job/internship begins from the Joining Letter of the same. A joining letter always contains not only the responsibilities you'll be having but also terms & conditions of the company.

See most of the internships state in their joining letter that no stipend or certificate will be awarded in case of unsuccessful completion of the tenure. So, this can be valid point in non-payment of your stipend, however, in your case the main issue arises since there was no such joining letter awarded to you, thus there's no particular proof and evidence of the terms and conditions that were mutually agreed by both the parties.

So currently the only possible way left to you is proceed to appoint a local prudent lawyer for sending a legal notice to the company and file a complaint with police for fraud/cheat against the company.

Hope It Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More