LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dishantu (ASSISTANT AUDITOR)     27 October 2010

stilt area or common area

what is meant by stilt area or common area?v have two wings,A & B..between two wings builder has given a garden.open space on one side of garden & on another side of garden, he has made a shed(roof) & allotted that space as parking area to members..if parking that is alloted is valid or not?

Learning

3 Replies

M. A. Khan (advocate)     27 October 2010

Stilt area is the area just blow the building for the purpose of parking.   Any area like common passage, starecase, garden, etc are common area to b enjoyed by all the members.  Builders cannot sell the common area or stilt area for parking purpose.

Sur39 (Financial Controller (last designation))     19 January 2011

The question has been substantively answered by adv.M A Khan.The shedded parking area done not belong to the allottees of parking space. The area belongs to the Society. As per bye laws, parking should be given to members by annual lottery.

kaustubh (Owner)     20 January 2011

I have a shop in A apartment on the road side, and the way to enter in apartment for flat owners is far from my shop. As i bought this shop i have made shed of steel sheet roofing to secure place from being mess up by flat owner. I made this shed because flat owners through their waste materilas through balcony/ window in front of my shop. I think it is within the limit of my boundy. But a flat owner has filled an application to the Muncipal Corporation for "Encroachment on Common Property". So please tell me is it illegal to prevent flat owner to through their waste material in front of my shop  by making shed of steel sheet roofing with steel pipe ?? and also it is my parking place , left by builder infront of each shop and flat owners haveing their own parking place behind my shop , below the building. Please answer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register