LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dishantu (ASSISTANT AUDITOR)     26 October 2010

Stickers on vehicles

hii sir,i m living in a flat in a pose area in central Mumbai..our society members in a general meeting have passed a resolution by majority of members that each and every members will have to stick a sticker of our flat's name on their vehicles,otherwise they will not be given entry from the gate..i m not agree with this matter..may i go against this rule?if i have protection under any(Mumbai cooperative Socierty Act) Act?

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 October 2010

It might have done to restrict the unauthroised vehicle.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     26 October 2010

Yes, as said by adv. rajeev, this might have done to restrict unauthorised vehicle enter in the building area, so this is for the safety of the flat owners, so that unknown persons should not enter there who may cause threat to the security. So this is basically a good resolution, why oppose things which are meant for your own benefit and safety?

Dishantu (ASSISTANT AUDITOR)     26 October 2010

thanx rajivji & Archnaji,u r right but i have to go to the offices,banks everyday & there i have to park my car outside because of this sticker..othrwise it was easy for me to enter at other places..& flat's name is also a confidential matter..so i dont want to stick it on my vehicle..may i have protection under any Act?if it is compulsory to follow this rule as per Cooperative Society Act or i have protection under the same?please give me proper advice..   

Audry Fernandes (nil)     27 October 2010

We are also going in for vehicle stickers in our Society, since this will help watchmen identify members' vehicles. We plan to put very small stickers of 2" with just the Society name.

I am therefore interested to know about the problems you are facing re parking in Bank's premises and other offices. Could you clarify why these are causing problems? I see vehicles with several stickers on the windshield. What is the problem? Would appreciate your response.

Dishantu (ASSISTANT AUDITOR)     27 October 2010

bcoz of stickers watchmen at various offices & banks easily identify that this is outsider's car..secondly,bcoz of stickers 

safety increases,this all r non-sense talkings..watchmen must identify owner's vehicle as there r only 40 members..anyone can make & stick our's flat's name sticker & enter into the society if he/she firmly want to enter into the gate..so sticker is not right criteria.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     27 October 2010

There was similar move in our society asking car owners to paste stickers displaying the flat number, address and society name etc. Some residents opposed it on grounds that wherever the car goes, the complete address details, society name etc. gets revealed to unknown and undesirable persons, which is even a bigger risk. The society agreed and gave plastic cards(something like credit cards)with details of flat owner and car number. It has to be deposited by the outgoing car. The incoming car is handed back its corresponding card. You can also try laminating the sticker given to you and show it to the guards while going out and coming back in. I do not think society can have a problem with this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register