LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satyanarayana Reddy (Job )     16 April 2021

Steps to follow to adopt 8 yr son after second marriage

Hi Sir,

I married a divorced lady and she had an 8 years boy and I had a 10 years biological daughter living with me from my first Ex-wife.

I would like to know the steps to legally adopt my 8-year son from a second marriage.

Please suggest.




 3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 April 2021

Is the child's father willing?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 April 2021

Both parents of minor must be willing to give/ take the child in adoption as per rules /procedure.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

lawyer_rajiv (9811284735) (lawyer)     19 May 2021

a biological father remains the natural guardian for life.  Without express consent of him, the adoption cannot take place.  But you remain the step father and guardian by virtue of marrying the child's mother.  In case the biological father refuses to give the child in adoption, you may seek guardianship rights and your wife would consent to it before the court by way of statement on oath.  Rest as stated above by learned friends, a local lawyer would help you in this matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query