LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumeer (Owner)     12 August 2012

Steps for safeguard from 498a

Dear All, I am 25 years old and I got married about 2.5 years ago. Things are not going well between us and many a times we had been at brink of divorce. I think it is inevitable. From day one she has been harrassing my mother and if I try to consult her parents she starts mis-behaving and even threaten that she will take me to police and to courts. Now I have decided to move out of my parents home to a rented apartment with my wife (Just as a last resort, in hope of that by doing this my marriage could be saved).

As you all know that 498A had become the most mis-used act. I am thinking of writing a deed between my parents and both of us (me and my wife) that my wife's parents gave these things as gift in our marriage (One Bed and One Almirah) and now we are shifting out of this home and had taken these things with us to our new rented apartment.

Now, please advise me that by signing this agreement will my parents get insulated from wrath of 498A?

or what other steps should I take as safeguard against 498A?

Please help me.

Learning

9 Replies

cm jain sir (ccc)     13 August 2012

Gave ok.......now u r demanding dowry and harassing her for this........

Very difficult rather One cannot avoid if the lady wans to file it...

Saayujyaa S (Engineer)     13 August 2012

Dont think too much....better get a job outsttaion and stay with your wife peasfully, dear frind staying with parents , no wife likes now adays.....its all gone... atleast you start live happy life with your wife.......

even after she is still admanet then please visit, save indian family or mens right assocoation websites 

Sumeer (Owner)     13 August 2012

Yes you are right sir. But if I shift out of this home, can then my parents be saved from 498A? Can my mother take any action against harrasment of my wife?

Saayujyaa S (Engineer)     13 August 2012

once you get out of your house....your life will be okay. Please convenence your parents that, such is the way of life. Your wife will realise defintely with your daughter in law. your wife will realise the pain when your son going out from your home. 

dont worry, your wife will be punished the same way she is doing it  today...be patince...

Rajan Bhasin (Law Student)     13 August 2012

Alas! There is no safegurad as such.

read the bareact carefully 498a again. She can make allegation at any time.

Put serious efforts to correct the things else move on and fihgt the cases on merit. 

Sumeer (Owner)     14 August 2012

What steps should I take now so that, in case of facing trial for 498A, I could create more points in my favour. I want to prepare my line of defence now. You all are experts on this and you know what kind of allegations are levelled by wives, so please tell me what can I do now to prepare to counter these allegations in future.

geanna bell (none)     14 August 2012

Thanks for the post. It really helped a lot. :)

1 Like

Sumeer (Owner)     14 August 2012

Thanks for link Mr. Rajan. It provided some vital information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register