LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya (nil)     13 June 2013

Steps after private criminal complaint is dismissed u/s 203

Dear Experts


I had filed a private criminal complaint with a local magistrate..I was examined under oath & later for certain law reasons known to the magistrate, judge dismisses complaint & accused is never summoned..


How do i proceed??

Should i file an appeal in sessions court or do i need to approach the high court or is there are any other law remedy...


Please do guide me.


 5 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     14 June 2013

If the magistrate on verification comes to a conclusion that no offence is made out, the Magistrate is empowed to dismiss the complaint. It is not necessary that the summons should be served and accused called out. If you fill aggrieved, you may prefer a revision.

Shiva Kant Dixit (Advicate)     14 June 2013

You have option to prefer Criminla Revision U/s 397 Cr.P.C. Criminal revision has concurrent jurisdiction, i.e. you may directly approach High court or you may file criminal revision at Session Court. I ll suggest u to go with Session Court.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     14 June 2013

Dear Qurist File a criminal Revision before session court u/s 397 of Crpc against the rejection order.

Divya (nil)     15 June 2013

thanku all for such a quick and correct reply.

gurmeet (n)     08 June 2015


order was passed by metropolotan magistrate u/s 200 crpc and complinant went for revsion in session court against that order and metropolitan magistrate rejected the case u/s 203 of crpc due to non verification of the complainant. 

I want know can revison be valid in session court.

is there any judgement on this

plz revert soon


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register