Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daffodils ( )     14 October 2016

Staying in pg - div application

Hello Everybody,

Mr X is married to Ms Y and Y stayed together in Noida NCR. After 1 year Y returned to her home town (different state). Mr X vacated to house and moved a PG accomodation.

Question: Can Mr X file a divorce case against Y in Noida? X dont have any address proof in Noida. However he has the old rental agreement. Does X need to prove the residency in Noida? if so How?

Also kindly suggest a lawyer practicing in Noida court (GB Nagar). Im not a rich person but I respect the professional and can pay a reasonable fee.

Thanks in Advance.

Learning

9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 October 2016

LCI Expert Mr. Shonee Kapoor advises on such matters.

If you wish, you may approach him.

(Guest)
Can file, you can use rent agreement as proof of address.as they previously stated in noida together.

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     14 October 2016

You have got right to file divorce petition in NOIDA because, the place where the parties last resided together has jurisdiction to entertain this petition.   We do not have any connection in NOIDA.  But we will be helpful for you if the matter lies in Delhi or you want any free legal advice.  But let us tell that in such cases, once you file divorce petition in Noida, she will file transfer petition in Supreme Court to transfer the case to the place where she is residing right now and also file other cases from that places.

Samarpan.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 October 2016

Yes. She may and she can.

Daffodils ( )     15 October 2016

Thank you sirs for your replies. She left my house more than 2 years back. When she went she took away all the jewels and srithans without my knowledge. Later I managed to get from her in writing in stamp paper in the police station with her thumb impression. So I presume that she cannot file for dowry harassment. The only option is DV. But can she file DV now coz she left me 2 years back? Please I need your inputs on this.

Thank you sirs for your replies. She left my house more than 2 years back. When she went she took away all the jewels and srithans without my knowledge. Later I managed to get from her in writing in stamp paper in the police station with her thumb impression. So I presume that she cannot file for dowry harassment. The only option is DV. But can she file DV now coz she left me 2 years back? Please I need your inputs on this.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     16 October 2016

You can fule case i nNOida by filing Rental agreement and affidait in support of factum of residence

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 October 2016

It indeed so good to see that members/experts come forward to help and counsel querists.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register