LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Agrawal (Business Consultant)     03 January 2011

STAY ON CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS DURING ARBITRATION

Several criminal cases u/s 420 IPC etc have been filed against us in a dispute against a registered society. The disputes have since been referred to Arbitration by a High Court . I would like to know if I can approach the concerned High Court for :

a) stay on all criminal proceedings against us  pending arbitration and publication of award;

b) interif relief/protection : payment of some part of monies due under a settlement agreementthat has been  referred to Arbitration and/or protection of such monies payable to me by appointment of a receiver or instructing the Arbitrator to direct the party to deposit bank drafts until the publication of the award and itgs implementation by both sides .

Learning

3 Replies

Dr.R.Stephen Louie (lawyer)     20 March 2011

you have not clearly mentioned why the criminal case is filed against you.Arbitration is for your civil matters but criminal case is filed  when and where criminal activity takes place.Contact me furthe details if you need 9444587777 Dr. R. Stephen Louie International  Arbitrator & Advocate

Dr.R.Stephen Louie (lawyer)     20 March 2011

you have not clearly mentioned why the criminal case is filed against you.Arbitration is for your civil matters but criminal case is filed  when and where criminal activity takes place.Contact me furthe details if you need help  contact me on 9444587777 Dr. R. Stephen Louie International  Arbitrator & Advocate

Arun Agrawal (Business Consultant)     25 March 2011

Thank you for your response . Several criminal cases were filed against me and members of my family u.s 406,420,467,469,471,120B IPC etc . Subsequently, a settlement was reached where by the opposite parties agreed to withdraw/compromise on the criminal cases filed against us and to pay us our dues , provided I withdrew civil/criminal cases against them/their associates . Since the settlement agreement was not honoured by them, they took orders for appointment of an arbitrator from the Allahabad high Court as the Settlement agreement provided for it .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register