LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshay   03 March 2023

Statement of accused what next now??

Tenant of my property issued me a cheque for outstanding rent with a calculation sheet signed by him (not submitted in court)but he put wrong sign on cheque & asked me not to deposit it as currently he is not having funds, he also didn't write the date on the cheque. & 5 months later still no communication was received by me on previous cheque & 5 months rent was again due, so i went to discuss the same. He again issued a cheque for 5 months rent & said place it after a week. After a week I deposited the cheque & cheque dishonor - insufficient funds. I moved court, in court he said he had a agreement with me 12 years back (not submitted by him & said can't find it) that he is buying my property at give away price & he was not paying rent but installments to purchase this property & wrong sign on 1st cheque is not issued by him but I stole the cheque from him & online Fir is also filled by him. & 2nd cheque is a part of the installment amt. and he is willing to pay but need 1 year time to pay ₹1 lac. & he has also deposited a bunch of medical reports to say he / family every has be hospitalized due some or other diseases to gain some time. My cross examination is done & waiting for statement of accused be recorded on next date.. Now what will happen & how much time will it take more to get my money back. 

Now what should I can do to get my money back any suggestion plz help it has been 5 years time.. 

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 March 2023

You already filed the case in rent control courts. So follow up the case diligently in the same court with the help of your lawyer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 March 2023

What is the nature of the case - is it under Rent Act or Negotiable Insrument Act?

Akshay   06 March 2023

2 cases under NI act & 1 Civil case for possession & outstanding rent.. 

My question is in NI act case the judge has said statement of accused be recorded on next hearing what this means & what will happen after this. How much more time this case will take to be over & is there anything else I can do to windeup these cass ASAP.. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register