LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gargi Ranade (Company Secretary)     10 August 2016

Stamp duty payable on share certificate

I am working in the Thane based Pvt. Ltd. Co. I want to know Stamp duty payable on the share certificate , in Maharashtra . Also please let me know where I can found the latest stamp duty rates under the Bombay Stamp Act OR share with me the schedule stating the rate of stamp duty, for my record. Thanks & Regards, Gargi A. Ranade

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 August 2016

Stamp duty is state subject.

Local SRO, revenue office may be contacted.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     12 August 2016

Under Maharasshrtra Stamp Axct and   the rules  made there under(Latest A\ STAMP SUTY IS PAYABLE  AT THE RATE Rs.1 FOR EVERY 10,000 OR PART. of the value of the share certificate transferred by a Joint /Stock Company.

Under Maharasshrtra Stamp Axct and   the rules  made there under(Latest A\ STAMP SUTY IS PAYABLE on a share certificate  AT THE RATE Rs.1 FOR EVERY 10,000 OR PART. of the value of the share certificate transferred by a Joint /Stock Company.

Gargi Ranade (Company Secretary)     12 August 2016

Dear Madam, 

Thanks for reply but

In schedule 1 Article 17 , it is Rs. 1 for every 1000/- , please correct me if I am wrong. 

Yes YOU ARE RIGHT. IT WAS a  TYPING MISTAKE. Rs.1 FOR EVERY !000 RUPEES OR PART. dUE TO OVBVERSIGHT THIS ERROR HAS HAPPENED..Sorry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register