Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saurabh sarda (partner)     02 April 2011

stamp duty or tax on registration of WILL in maharashtra

hello,

i wanted to ask that if my grandmother wants to create her will and register it, will there be any stamp duty on it? this will be done in maharshtra state in akola city?

also if there is any stamp duty or registration charges then how much it will be?

thanks

Learning

6 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     02 April 2011

There is no stamp duty on registration of will. The department will levy a nominal registration fee. Contact the local registrar in your area where you want to register the will. You will require 2 independent witnesses other than the executor or legatee named in the will.

sachin katariya (advocate)     03 April 2011

Mr.Sardaji.

There is no stamp duty required for registraiton of the will and there are two types of registraion of will one is open will and other is sealed will. It is better to go for registration of will as open will you can get it drafted and apply for registration on paying Rs.100/- as registration charges for the same and the attesting 2 witnesses which are mandatory and important.

so go ahead.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     08 April 2011

ya i agree both of them

Mandar (Engineer )     17 May 2011

My father want to make will but one advocate asked charges Rs 2000 to make it . he explain that it required doctor certificate that person is making his will in his good health condition. Also all matter will type on  200 Rs stamp paper  and other is for manage the person in Sub-registrar office and his fee .So please guide me ... what  exact charges should  paid to advocate for making a will ?. 

sachin katariya (advocate)     17 May 2011

Mr..

as far as documents is concern he is right but you should go with 2 independant witness to the said will furhter fees is concern he is not charging too much as per my opinion

Mr.Mumbai   03 August 2019

My Mom is 60yrs of age now and she wants to make a will. I live in Dombivli,Mumbai, In my area for registartion of will they told me 4000/-. So if my mother writes her will and we go the registrar office for stampduty and registrtaion what is the nominal charge we have to pay. Also pls suggest in Dombivli where i can go to register our will.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register