Stamp duty money decree


Respected Experts

I am the beneficiary of 50% rights in a money decree vide a new document of "deed of assignment of decree", suit decreed 2 years back and the original decree-holder wants to assign to me 50% rights vide this new document. Suit was for recovery of money of movable property already disposed off by debtors.

There are very tricky questions. Deed of Assignment is an instrument but not a document of conveyance as only 50% rights are transferred of the money decree.

1. Under such circumstance, does one pay stamp duty on this deed of assignment ??

2. Its a part transfer of rights, it is not a full conveyance or a full sale. Hence does stamp duty apply if its a part transfer of movable rights in decreed suit


Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

Please refer stamps & duty act in the registrar website


Assignment of  full or part transfer  of money decreee attracts payment of stamp duty.You gather from court  office staff o rRegistrar office as to how much stamp duty is payable on part transfer of money decree. Stramp duty value  differ from state to state.It also depends on  the value of money coverd by the money decree. If you appreciate this answe please click the thank you button on this forum.


Respected  Miss Usha Kappor,

Thankyou for a clear and quick response on stamp duty.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x