LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sowmya (executive )     17 November 2009

stamp duty & charges

I have booked one flat.  In that payment term, black & white component is there.

I have been told by the builder to pay first black amount alongwith stamp duty &registration charges (to the builder only). He will do all the procedures related to stamp duty and registration charges.  He is doing for all the flats.

I would like to know is it safe or should i do it personally?  If i want to do it personally, when i have to go for stamp duty and registration and what are the documents which i need to submit?

Shall i get the agreement paper after paying the black amount?

Pl. clarify so that i can take proper step.

Sowmya

Learning

1 Replies

Shihab,Corporate Lawyer (LL.B M.B.A Corporate Lawyer and Management Consultant)     17 November 2009

There is a chance that the builder is doing the registration for a block..say it is a block of 10 flats or 15 flats.I dont think if you take head ache for your own may not be worth.The registration will carried out at conerned SRO.For the agreement paper ,different builders have different strategies.Some of them issue after getting first 10% of the payment.Usually the agreemnt may be Tripartite agreement.ie, agreement between Landowner-Builder-Buyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register