LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod Verma (Assistant Manager)     12 April 2010

Stamp Duty

If a document is executed in Gurgaon, but the same needs to be stored / vaulted in Mumbai, then do I need to pay the stamp duty as applicable in Mumbai or I need not pay any stamp duty and can Store/ vault the document anywhere?

Learning

5 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     12 April 2010

What do you mean be stored or vaulted, the stamp duty is applicable in the state where the document is executed.

Vinod Verma (Assistant Manager)     12 April 2010

I have executed the documents in Gurgaon with stamp duty as applicable in that Region, but now I have to shift my documents from Gurgaon to Mumbai. In such case do I need to pay the stamp duty on the same document as per Bombay Stamp Act. or I can just store the document in Mumbai withou paying any Stamp duty?

(Guest)

same document cant be executed twice. if u wanna store that document any where in india u may store. but u cant use

(Guest)

Your query is not clear as to what is the document you created and talking about? But generally speaking, mere keeping of a registered or stamped document, it is not necessary to re-register it or re-stamp it wherever you go nevertheless it has legal value.

Vinod kashyap (Advocate & Legal advisor)     14 April 2010

its not matter where u r stored document.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register