Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunil shah   30 March 2021

Spliting of flats

Dear Sirs,
I had in 2007 bought 2 flats in 2 different names from a developer, 2 Agreements, 2 Stamp Duties paid,2 Registration Fees paid, the possession of the same was given to us in 2010.
Co-Op Society was formed in 2011, was issued 2 share certificates for our 2 flats some where in 2014-2015 we came to know that the BMC is charging us property tax for my 2 flats as one single unit.
Now the Society is taking objection for the same "stating that since the BMC is charging you as one unit we shall also charge you maintenance in one bill.
Kindly advice and oblige.
Thanking you,
Sunil Shah

Learning

4 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     31 March 2021

You should write to the MCGM (BMC) to issue separate property tax receipts since you have two separate registered documents for the two flats, the society has to issue separate maintenance bills for the flats. 

sunil shah   01 April 2021

Thank you for the reply I am obliged,

In continuation to my prior information I for got to add the following, 1)   I have been receiving 2 Society Maintenance bills for last 10 years, but the New Management is issuing 1 Single bill for my 2 flats.

My questions are as follows:

1) Can the New Management do that, if YES than does it require to get an approval from the General body? 

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     01 April 2021

Since both of your flats bear different names the society has to prepare separate maintenance bills as per the existing rules. 

sunil shah   06 April 2021

Thank you Sir I am grateful for your answers. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register