Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayan (Software Engg)     22 February 2011

Spelling mistake in Sales deed

Hi,

My Name is Narayan Dutt Tyagi. I purchased a flat 1 year ago. I noticed that My Name is mentioned in the sale deed as "Narayan Dutta Tyagi"  instead of Narayan Dutt Tyagi. An extra 'a" is written after Dutt.

However Index -2 reflect the correct name as it is in marathi. I contacted to builder to correct the mistake and his is saying that this will cost me around 5000 rs which I think is too much.

Please advice me on the whether builder is charging me correctly or it is too high. Also let me know the appoximate charges for this correction deed.

Learning

4 Replies

Alok saxena (Advocate)     22 February 2011

Dear Mr. Tyagi

You did not mention the place where you purchased the property so it is not possible to tell you the exact charges applicable there.  For correction, a correction deed will be written and will be executed in the same manner as your sale deed.

Alok

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     22 February 2011

Sir,

You can execute rectification deed and register same as sale deed whether your Stamp endorsement is correct or not, your correct name elsewhere in the document is mentioned or not, whether your correct name in the enclosurs attached at the time of your original sale deed registration is available are the things to satisfy the Sub-Registrar. If these are not available you have to produce any academic certificate to prove your correct name which certificate affixed with photo or oter card, or any identification careds isued by the State/Central Govt to the satisfaction of the Sub Registrar to that effect that this rectification deed does not create any fresh rights he will register the rectification deed without any Stamp Duty.  ksnarayanarao@yahoo.com District Registrar

1 Like

Narayan (Software Engg)     22 February 2011

Hi Mr. Alok,

I purchased the flat in pune.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     24 February 2011

U registered a rectification deed for that and mention the original sale deed details in the said rectification deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register