Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Kumar (Others)     18 August 2015

Spelling error in sale deed

Dear Experts,

I am planning to by a 10 year old apartment. When I look at the copy of sale deed provided by the owner, there is a spelling error in his name. His first name is "Sunit" but in sale deed it is mentioned as "Suneet". So instead of "i" there is "ee". 

The sale deed is registered 10 years ago. So I need your advice on how to proceed with the same? Is there any way to correct the spelling error after 10 years?

Thanks in advance




 4 Replies

B.T. RAVI (LEGAL MANAGER)     21 August 2015

A. Your seller need to approach the previous seller to execute Rectification Deed before the Sub Registrar office. It can be rectified by way of execution of Register Rectification Deed. But both parties must be present.

B. If you want to purchase this property itself, you don't worry about this, you can mention proper owner name in your sale deed. However, you need to cross verifiy whether Mr. Sunith and Mr. Suneeth both are same by verifying the photo copies in the Sale Deed and you can take notarized one affidavit with respect to the same.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     21 August 2015

U registration a Rectifiaction Deed at Sub-Registrar office and attached your correct name evidence like :- PAN card, Election Card, Driving License, Pass Port etc.....

Vendor and Purchaser both present at the time of Rectification Deed if Vendor is not then u Registration a Declaration about this matter and attached original Sale Deed Copy with Declaration. 

Sankha Mukherjee (Legal Advisor)     22 August 2015

Just make a Rectification Deed. Go to your state registration website and apply the same. after the quarry, visit ADSR. 

If you want to apply mutation then visit your corporation or BLRO office with the rectification deed and apply for same. 

Shashi Dhara   08 September 2021

This is not major error ,the name is not altered , party's sign is important ,,contact local advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query