LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prashant kumar   21 June 2021

Spell mistake in name while joining govt job

Sir, I have joined as primary teacher in bihar government. My name in 10th board and 12th certificate is as partibha but inadvertently entered in job is pratibha and nobody noticed at that time . Will be a trouble in future. Plz suggest me a solution how I would rectify this error.

Learning

9 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 June 2021

Get a certified copy of your application made for the job from the authority that recruited you and then enclose that certified copy with your qualification certificates, AADHAR, PAN and request your DEO to correct the name in the service book.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 June 2021

Continue with the recorded name.

You have stated misspelled name of Pratibha, whether Pratibha and Prashant Kumar (author of this post) are one and the same person ???

If not, what is your concern/ locus standi ??

prashant kumar   23 June 2021

sir, i am seeking solution for pratibha. thank you sir for sparing your precious time for me. please suggest me the best possible solution.

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 June 2021

Admittedly, she has already joined. If so, what is the issue? It is unwise to rake up silly issues, when it is not an issue at all.

prashant kumar   24 June 2021

sir, after 10-12 years of joining they are asking to fillup online database and documents. then only the mistake came into purview and i am seeking help on behalf of my sister. please suggest best possible solution. thanking you.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 June 2021

The issue is one of procedure only. As such, her office seniors are the best persons to suggest the remedy.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 June 2021

You can better get an affidavit prepared and duly notarised  along with a public notice in a local newspaper stating that both the names are one and the same and enclose the copy of the said documents to update your employment particulars.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 June 2021

You have not indicated how the error crept in.

It is surprising how/why you were allowed to join and how/why allowed to draw salary.

Bank will open the account with the same name which they feel is correct as per KYC norms.

when you retire after whole life of service then bank will not accept Pension Papers of a name which does not tally with the name in their account.

Dayo Thomas   05 August 2021

Admittedly, she has already joined. If so, what is the issue? It is unwise to rake up silly issues, when it is not an issue at all

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register