LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jaig   04 October 2016

Speedy trial in pwdva

My DV case has started after mediation failed. At worst case I am expecting an interim order against me.

Wife is MBA working in a mtero earning about 15Lakh/year and posted same in LinkedIn, it might be denied but still I am preparing for the worst.

Can I ask HC to direct session court to dispose the case within N months ? Correct me if I'm wrong, speedy trial means disposing the main case quickly, if I succeed ihn getting speedy trial then interim order won't matter much being matter of few months, is that right ?

Is there any format/template/content for application of speedy trial one can kind suggest to me ? I work as an NRI outside India.




 4 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     04 October 2016



You can as a matter of fundamental right seek speedy disposal of the case. Let me have the facts about your case to guide you the proper course of action. 


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate


Hogaya speedy trial. updated about trial of case n update.

Sachin (N.A)     04 October 2016

It is very rare that HC gives such order in case of DV Act but  a man Anindya Chatterjee who came back from US to fight false 498a and 406 cases, and was able to get the trial done within 6 months. 

You may also try but if HC refuse ask for permanent exemption  Physical presence is not required at all times , your advocate can file an application for your exemption on the plea that you are NRI

Ashwin   18 April 2018

Anindya Chatterjee?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query