LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bunny Chintu   01 October 2022

speedy disposal of cases

Dear experts,
can we file a petition in the high Court directing the lower courts for the speedy disposal of civil cases as there is pending even an injuction petitions(IAs) years together going on giving time years together .


 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 October 2022

Presumably it is a civil case as you have stated, ".....there is pending even an injuction petitions(IAs) years together...."

Yes, you should move a writ petition under Article 227 of the Constitution of India, 1949 for issuance of a writ of mandamus to the Trial Court for early disposal of the case, within a time frame.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 October 2022

You can move the High Court. Still, it may not make much of  a difference.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query