LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIKAS GARG (LAWYER)     23 October 2008

Specific relief act -5 Rise in value

A multiple choice question is given below with answer  but I feel it is wrongly answered.

Please comment on it whether it is correct or incorrect and explain, if possible

Please comment on it to help me to understand it  and whether it is correct or incorrect and explain, if possible. Provide me authorities also.

Q. Rise in value since agreement is

(a) a ground to refuse specific performance in case of an agreement to sell immovable property.

(b)  a ground to refuse specific performance in case of an agreement to sell movable property.

(c) a ground to refuse specific performance in case of an agreement to sell immovable and movable property.

(d) not a ground to refuse specific performance in case of an agreement to sell either movable or immovable property.

Answer given in book is :

(c) a ground to refuse specific performance in case of an agreement to sell immovable and movable property.

But I think 

(d) not a ground to refuse specific performance in case of an agreement to sell either movable or immovable property.

should be answer

Please guide to me regarding this question

Thanks                                                                                            

Learning

3 Replies

Manish Singh (Advocate)     24 October 2008

th e question is ambiguous but i would like to go with you.

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     24 October 2008

You are absolutely correct.

Musarrat Vora   29 May 2022

In the book the answer is wrong. You are right 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register