Share on Email

Share More

Navin Raj (Sr Developer)     24 October 2010

Special Marriage Act

HI,

This is me Navin Raj

Im living and working in Bhopal MP India

My Girl friend is foreign national living in UK

as we planned to get married in India so i need some information about Special Marriage Act.

Ive searched alot about it and i for enough material all ma concern is that :-

1: Can i apply for intend to marriage alone without her presence , as she wont get days off more than 18days ?

cause i read somewhere 

"If one partner is residing in a foreign country then the partner who is resident in India will have to fill out the “Marriage Notice” collected from the Marriage Registration Office of his/her choice in India and send it to his/her partner in the foreign country who will also have to fill it out. This “Notice” should then be sent back to the partner in India who will have to re-submit it at the Marriage Registration Office. After the stipulated waiting period of 30 days the marriage can take place in India. Under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 a certificate showing the signatures of the persons married, the registrar and the witnesses will be issued. This Certificate is required as proof of the marriage and when applying for a visa to for a foreign country." 

and what kind of documents are needed from her ?

Plzz do help me as ur help can make mine and ma girls future :)

if can so send me text or call me on ma cell

Navin Raj

Learning

5 Replies

Navin Raj (Sr Developer)     24 October 2010

one more thing same question ma girl asked on yahoo ( https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ao7lxZCHgZxaOsBLMF.Scu.DHQx.;_ylv=3?qid=20101023070931AAp7eAl ) and a few people misunderstood question ,

our question is that :-

Can i apply without her presence and she will be here at the time of actual marriage.

Just she wont be able to stay in india for 30days for that waiting period.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 October 2010

You can do one thing get marry your girl frind in a temple, they will issue the marriage receipt and in some of the temples they will maintain the marriage register also.  That receipt your produce before the marriage regiatar while applying for the marriage registration.  Your marriage will be regd., and You will get the certificate also.

jaspal (tbe)     24 October 2010

Respected Sir / Maam

I am married in the year 2008 ,but after marriage my life become ruthfull  i cant spend a single day without tension my wife told me that shes have an affair before marriage  and where ever we go she just keep on talking about her past love only.

she also keeps on fighting and fighting and after 15 days of marriage she went to her home and demanded that she needs a gold chain which i reported to her parents and at that time her parents also fought with us .

Then i along with my parents went to her house where again her parents fought with us  and then  i came back to my home along with my spouse .

But after again 15 days her parents filled her M.Sc form and again take her back and after 15 days i again went to her home and get her back to my home .

And again after 2 months her parents fought with us and demand all gold items from us which i refused but her parents came and again took her back along with gold chain from us on 22 oct 2009.

Now one full year has passed shes not coming back even her parents also fight with us and in front of our   beradari  the girl refused to come back .

And now after one year passed and there is no hope of compromising please advice me how can i get divorced from her.

Navin Raj (Sr Developer)     25 October 2010

@adv. rajeev ( rajoo )

But brother in mandir both of us hve to be Hindu where im Hindu but she is catholic so i dont think that its acceptable

(Guest)

then marriage in mandir will be void.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register