LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

clinton   10 February 2024

Special marriage act

Can I get Government Marriage Certificate once i apply for it , if me (christian) and my wife (hindu) married in a temple and have a certificate marriage issued from temple?


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 February 2024

This is an interfaith religion marriage, it cannot be registered under any other act other than the special marriage act.

You have to comply with the requirements for registering your marriage under special marriage act within the place where this marriage was solemnised. 

clinton   10 February 2024

Sir, If i register under special marriage act then do i have to register again to sub registrar office? or just apply for marriage certificate in panchayath or corporation?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 February 2024

Panchayat or corporation is an authority to issue the marriage certificate.

The marriage certificate issued by the sub registrar after registering the marriage will be the only legally valid certificate certifying the marriage registration.

clinton   11 February 2024

Sir, the bride is in UK and i'm in india. So how we register if she's there. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register