Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumi Ranjan Mondal (Other)     01 November 2022

Special marriage act

Hello, can I give any religion status under special marriage act? 

Please tell me someone 


 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 November 2022

Yes.  Special Marriage can be done between two Hindus, two religions, and two castes also.  So you can mention your religion.

Sumi Ranjan Mondal (Other)     01 November 2022

If my religion is Christian by birth, but can I give Hinduism at the time of registration? Please tell this?

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     02 November 2022

There is no rituals for convertion into Hindu religion.So better to give affadavit that you have faith and belief in Hindu religion to wipe off past religion record and to obtain present caste certificate

Sumi Ranjan Mondal (Other)     02 November 2022

But I want my parents to not know about it, but I believe in Hinduism

In this case is it necessary to prepare an affidavit? 

And also, please tell me can I give my religion status as Hinduism instead of Christian without an affidavit 

Alpa Jogi (Advocate) (Lawyer / Advocate)     03 November 2022

There is no legal process for conversion to Hinduism unlike converting to christianity or islam. You just need to pronounce that I am Hindu and start following Hinduism. Still you may visit Arya Samaj. They perform some kind of ritual and give you the certificate.



Alpa Jogi (Advocate)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query