Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Mathew (AM)     02 November 2016

Special marriage act


I am a christian and I m willing to marry my fiancee who is a muslim. Her family is ready for a marriage under Special Marriage Act however, they have insisted for a nikkah ceremony before that. For performing nikkah I have to convert to islam. After nikkah ceremony whether I can do a register marriage under Special Marriage Act?

Your reply in this regard will be highly appreciated


Ajay Mathew


 2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     02 November 2016

Ajay no need to convert in to islam. U can perform marriage under muslim personal law with out any document. 

Then make marriage registered as per christian religion.

If u appreciate my responce by conveyijng THANKS on my LCI profile.

Ajay Mathew (AM)     04 November 2016

Dear adv.bharat,

Thank you so much for your response sir


Ajay Mathew



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query