New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh   25 August 2016

Special marrage act divorce

Dear Sir/Madam,

am rajesh from karnataka , am a hindhu & married Muslim girl ,before 2 & half years back we married in Temple in the presence of friends & 1 & half year back registered in rigistration office in precence of my wife paranets under special marrage act. now we have 10 months kid (girl).

.When my kid was born my wife & there parants are force me to convert to Muslim but i dnt like,

from 10 months my wife staying at there parants home , nw she not able to come to my home,

My wife & there parants saying that if i convert to muslim then only my wife come along with me other wise she not coming.

So we applied a mutual consent Divorce , now she asking convert to muslim or give amount /maintanace. I not done any mistack , now also am saying to my wife that come & join with me with out any blind religion but she not listening so please guide me what to do.

If i done any mistack i will give amount but with out any thing why should i give amount. 

my wife & there parants rigistered my kid name in Muncipality office , my kid name in muslim & my name changed to muslim name with out my concern 

please help / guid me 

Thank you & regards




 4 Replies

ramesh   25 August 2016

if she loves u thn she ll never ask u to change religion,Seniors will guide will better. dont change to any religion wtever d situation

Mukesh sharma (job )     25 August 2016

Hi Rajesh when you marry with mulslim girl and married in temple after its all depend on you waht you think but here matter very different you said  your child name mulslim and she want to change your religon 

its totally harrasment and you file divorce on this ground and and take help of good family lawyer and along with you file for custody of your child 

here she could not ask to you for pay money 


KS Johal   26 August 2016

it appears that you are not at fault your wife is being pressurised by her parents and possibly relatives to have you converted into a Muslim. This is total harassment and as it has been suggested that you should file for divorce. You should also file for the custody of your child.

rajesh   02 September 2016

can i apply for child custody & my child was now 10 months & court will allow this plz guid me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register