LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Kumar (Asst. manager)     21 March 2013

Sould i file divorce with pending complaint with caw

My wife has filed a false dowry petition against me with CAW. I have attended one meeting and the next one is due in week from now. I have consulted few lawyers in my place and each one has a different opinion. Some say that we must file divorce eptition while some ask to wait.


I am applying for the RTI to get the complaint copy as they did not give me the same in the first meeting. I want to know while filling the postal order form it should be in whose name and what should I write in payable to......




 5 Replies

krishan (Engineer)     21 March 2013

Dear vishal,

                         i would like to help you in this matter same problem is with me false case aginst me and my family in CAW delhi. But i have 5 nos of hearings, first thingis consult with gud layers never go for divorce petition after earing first meeting there. let the things proceeds third or fouth hearing will show you the way what should you do. IO at CAW is needs some time to jude specially your wife and what she wants. As we all know 99% false case dowary complaints is register there and CAW IO is also aware of such mater they just see the people and know wht kind of they becouse they handle almost 400 case in day. Gud thing that 498a is baleable.  Righ now Anticipate bail is your main aim. But for that u need more hearings there.

you can get the complaint copy via delhi police RTI cell i also got same copy in one month with sum of 10 ruppes.  if u need any other help u can call me 08755600808. iam helping you becouse 3 month laters i also have same conditions like.

Vishal Kumar (Asst. manager)     21 March 2013

Thanks Krishan for replying. We are sailing in the same boat. I will call you in a while.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     21 March 2013

No need to make postal order, just give cash. Apply for divorce.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 March 2013

Mr.Vishal kumar,

No need for divorce. Investigation officer counselling both the parties. Then you can take decision for judicial seperation for a while but not DIVORCE.

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     21 March 2013

Just because she has filed 498A case, I will not suggest you to file for divorse. Rather I will suggest to co-operate with the police enquiry.

In calm and cool mood, try to think for the reasons of disputes, which has lead to this situation and then decide whether you want to live with your wife or not.

If you want to live with her then during CAW dates you may discuss the issue with your wife and the officer. If you straight away file for divorce, then there will not be any possibility of patch up. Now a days, girls have learnt a simple thing to file such cases to pressurise her husband and their family. Many a times the only intension behind the same happens to be to get husband out of his house and live seperately or to fetch money while pressuring for mutual consent divorce.

In other case, if you do not want to continue with her, you may think for filing of divorce case.


Goutam Prasad



Mob: 9810753838

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register