LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jay Mehta (IT)     11 September 2015

Sons property being attached by sales tax office for fathers

My father was director in one of the surgical companies (formed in 2008) of his friend and didn't paid sales tax for few years, which was mainly controlled by his friend, and my father was doing blank signatures on letter heads, cheque books etc. Due to this sales tax office personnel had come to my house and have attested my property (which is under my name), which I have bought using my money in 2004 - 2005 and I had paid EMI's till 2014 and then did full payment. The house is under my name, then also the sales tax office have send attachment notice on my house and have send the copy to society secretary, stating that there should be no transfer / sale of this property.

How do I make sure that this attachment from my property is removed by sales tax office and what should I be doing?

Which lawyers can help me getting this resolved asap.

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 September 2015

Sir,

I feel you need to share the notice, wherein they have sealed your property then only any help can be given .

Have you ever given any undertaking regarding your father's business activities.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

advocate.kapilc@gmail.com

Jay Mehta (IT)     11 September 2015

Dear Sir,

PFA copy of the notice given by sales tax office to my society secretary. They have not sealed the property, they have just said to society that no trasfer / sale of this property is possible.

I have not taken any undertaking of my father's business.

Regards

Jay Mehta

Attached File : 217534 20150911105419 126502387 home sales tax notice.pdf downloaded: 132 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register